Letter of Inquiry (LOI) Requirements
Archstone Foundation's Responsive Grantmaking process accepts unsolicited funding inquiries on an on-going basis. Initial contact should be in the form of a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) of no more than three pages covering items 1-5, and also include items 6-8 as attachments.
- A brief description of the program and its rationale;
- A statement of the program's goals and objectives;
- A brief description of the population to be served;
- A statement on how you plan to sustain the project/program post-Archstone support;
- A description of the evaluation activities and desired outcomes;
- A preliminary budget (using the Budget Template);
- A Budget Narrative; and
- A completed LOI Grant Application Cover Sheet.
In addition, the following three items are required with a LOI submission:
- A copy of the organization's tax exempt status letter;
- A copy of the organization's most recent IRS Form 990; and
- A copy of the organization's most recent audited financial statement.
Mail all inquiries to:
Tanisha Davis, MAG
301 E. Ocean Blvd., Suite 1850
Long Beach, CA 90802
Note: LOI must be mailed, faxed LOI will not be accepted. Phone calls are accepted throughout the LOI process.
LOI are reviewed by program staff on a monthly basis. Following the LOI review, if the request falls within the funding priorities of the Foundation, the organization will be invited to submit a Full Proposal for funding consideration.